Friday, February 4, 2011

Final blog

Well this is it, I think I may have finished. What an information overload. I had trouble with some aspects and sailed through others. Overall it was definitely worth the angst. Particularly Facebook and Twitter. I swore I would never ever join and had no interest whatsoever. I have done a 360 as they say. I now can see the uses for these social networking tools and how it is a great way to get information out to the public. LibraryThing was also a favourite, as it is so easy to use. The one that was really difficult for me was Flickr, I found it hard to download images and links. I somehow managed to do it, however when I went back to add to my blog I couldn’t manage to do it again. Anyway, thanks to Swan Libraries for offering this course it was really worthwhile, however I think that it takes more than 15 minutes per day to do, especially for technophobes like myself!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done! You beat me - I'm still on the last bit... hope I've done enough blog comments...! Sounds like you enjoyed it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm so thrilled you persevered, and even had some fun.
    I have to agree, 15 minutes per day was not enough to complete the course, so the second group to do the course will have allocated "training time". I'm sorry I didn't realise that sooner for the first group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one technophobe to another it has been a ride hasn't it. I too resisted Facebook for a long time now can see it can be useful and even enjoyable like alot of the other things I learnt about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to you - your perseverance has paid off.. nearly through my computer out of the window today trying to get Flickr to behave, but I perservered too, and now we're the best of buddies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the same thing...it was information overload at times, and some things were easier than others. Definitely takes more than an hour and a bit each week, especially if you want stuff to sink in. I rushed some things and had to pay for it by going back to redo! Good on you for finishing.

    ReplyDelete